Friday, November 20, 2009

Routine

Ultrasound today at the hospital. Everything's fine. I'm wondering if the apparently routine results we're getting now in the screenings are lulling me into a false sense of security...realistically I know there is a good chance for preterm labor. I feel like Richard Dreyfus when the water is quiet...too quiet. On the other hand, the eternal optimist in me says that everything could and should be fine now and we'll have a happy healthy baby that we get to bring home if not the next day then in a reasonable amount of time. Of course, the house isn't ready for a baby just yet...we're gonna need a bigger boat.

P.S. just for irony's sake I feel it worth mentioning that I have never actually seen Jaws despite my apparent aptitude for quoting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment