Sunday, February 28, 2010

2 weeks old!




My cheek is red because I pulled out my feeding tube!
GGrandma I am wearing your outfit!
Aren't I cute in the outfit my great grandma bought me??

Friday was Lorelei's 2 week birthday! She is now past her birth weight and weighs almost 3lbs 14oz. She still hates her feeding tube and has pulled it out multiple times. She has begun "non-nutritive" nursing where she is not breastfeeding, but getting the idea of what to do. They hope within a week she will be ready to breast/bottle feed with no more feeding tube! The Dr. already gave the OK to feed this way, but the nurses feel she's not entirely ready for the change. We agree. She is just about out of her incubator. She has about .5 degrees in the incubator to decrease before they lift the top and monitor her temperature. She is doing a great job of holding her temperature. And they are upping her feeds as she gains weight. Now she's getting 32ml (just over 1oz). Thats about it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment