Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Here I lay

So it has been 11 weeks since we found out we were having girls.
It has been 11 weeks since we found out our twins were suffering from TTTs.
It has been 10 weeks since we have had the surgery that saved our daughters life.
All exact, to the day... So tomorrow will be the 10 weeks I have been on bedrest. Meaning my job security ends in two weeks and thus more fun ahead!

We had our Dr. apts this week and nothing has changed so they want to see us back in 2 weeks. I am doing my best to keep calm and sane while laying here. I try to make sure everything is "normal" and nothing new is going on. Trying to recognize contractions when you've never had them is difficult! So every move, pain, and shift makes me focus on what's going on.

As long as we make it two weeks we will be seen by the high risk Dr. for measurements and a basic overview of fluids and whatnot. Later that week we will be seen by the regular OBGYN for the sugar test to check for gestational diabetes. Apparently this test is 1 hr long and is to be preformed at 28 weeks. They will take blood after 1 hr of drinking a sugar mixture, and let me know what the results are. If this test comes back positive I will have to come back to do a 3 hr test... not fun! I believe at 32 weeks I will need to do a non-stress test and something else. I haven't been told about this, so I have no idea what it is or what it means.

Currently, we have been graciously give a crib and glider from church friends, and a dresser from on of our friends in town. It seems that Lorelei's room is starting to slowly come together. Jared's father helped with moving the large items out of the room, and now Jared will need to slowly chip away at the mess to begin painting and setting it all up! It just seems to become a little more "real" when you see a crib sitting in the room! Not like feeling her kick, tumble, and renovate isn't a reality check in itself!

So please pray for a quiet week and a half until our next apt.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the memories I am having now of those fun bedrest moments...don't miss them a bit except for not having to worry about doing any household stuff (when I was in the hospital...at home I hated it, the mess was closing in on me!!!). I called it having 'flat ass' syndrome!!!
    Keep up the good work...know that your angel is above protecting her sister and her mommy!

    ReplyDelete