Monday, January 25, 2010

4-6 weeks left...

So we had two appointments today. The first one was to interview the pediatrician, and the second one was to get the measurements of Lorelei. The doctor was straight forward, personable, nice, etc. I'm not concerned about our choice. It's hard for me to get out (obviously) so we made this appointment at the same time of the high risk one because they are in the same building. The ultrasound went well. She is weighing about 2lbs 11oz (50th %). Lorelei continues to be in perfect position to be delivered. So as long as she tolerates it well we'll be able to go as nature intended (fully drugged!).

So our next appointment for an ultrasound is in 3 weeks. This week I still have to take my glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. Next week we meet with the regular OB. Then we have a bi-week, and then meet up with the HR Dr again. She believes that between 1-3 weeks after that ultrasound I will go into labor naturally. This is typical for woman who have had the laser ablation surgery, even if they lose one baby. So, with that time line, we're looking between the last week of February and the first two weeks of March. My mom is banking for March 6th (her b-day). The cool story about that is that my mom was born on her grandmother's birthday, and hence Lorelei would be born on her grandmother's b-day as well. Now my mom's grandmother was just a few years older than my mom is now :-P more like 19 years older!

Currently we're trying to prepare for the arrival of little Lorelei. Jared got the nursery painted and we have all the furniture in there (we'll add some things as we go). The crib is in, glider, dresser, and changing area. Now we still need to do A LOT until it's safe and ready for a little person! I think what I want and need from people I know is... "what should I expect, have on hand, etc that the books and doctors don't tell you about???" I don't have any pictures yet of the room because I cannot find the charger to my camera, so it's just sitting lonely waiting to be charged. We're probably going to get pictures taken since I'm at the "good looking stage" right before I plump up and gain the rest of the 40lbs everywhere besides my tummy!

Well now it's time to say goodbye and rest myself as I continue to ache all over from Lorelei's brutal attempt to escape!

No comments:

Post a Comment