Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Another day another doctor

So we had an ultrasound yesterday and a checkup with the delivering OBGYN today. The ultrasound noted that the fluid around Lorelei is lower than last week, but not enough to panic. We will be seen back next Monday for another ultrasound to continue checking the fluids. The OBGYN went fine, and she saw no amniotic fluid in the swab (which is good). We will also be seen by them each week until they feel confident I'm not leaking from Lorelei's sack.
Lorelei and Maddison are still in separate sacks. The amniotic fluid could possibly be coming from either sack, and the only way to tell is to insert blue die into the fluid with a needle and check a few hours later. Now if we chose to do that we would risk infection and rupturing the membrane even further. Because the leak does not seem to be significant enough for a week to pass by we are choosing to bypass that option and stick with "playing it by ear".

My parents and brother came out to visit for Christmas and my birthday which was very nice! They left last night and got back home to NJ this morning. We were visited by my cousin and her family while they were in the state visiting her husbands family. It's been a very busy week! And still more family fun to come. We're so happy to have so many family and friends to care and help out where they can. We will continue to have updates and hope and pray for an uneventful full term pregnancy!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to post a note to you...tell you who this stranger is...and tell you I'm thinking of you and your family.
    I am also a TTTS mommy of a survivor and an angel. I post regularly on the foundation site and Fetal Hope and found your blog on a search I am doing to find others who lost like we did.
    I lost my recipient right after surgery...he had a very poor cord insertion and placental share as well. Our TTTS was very acute and I knew for all of 36 hours that it was there before I lost Cole within 12 hours of our surgery.
    I also had leaking about 3 weeks after surgery and within days I had no pockets of fluid around him but managed to keep inside for another 7.5 weeks, remaining in hospital and my twins arrived on Feb. 26th at 34 weeks.
    I will be watching your blog and praying for you. Feel free to contact me at geoffandjodie@sympatico.ca if you need an ear that understands.

    ReplyDelete