Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Who's who?

So I've been thinking... maybe I'm suffering from "not hearing the heartbeats and thinking they're gone" syndrome. But thankfully I am not there yet! I have been blessed with having two ultrasounds by my 8th week. The babies are 6 weeks old and growing at a healthy rate! My pregnancy is 8 weeks along and we have 8 more weeks until we get another ultrasound! AHAHAHA what will we do?!?!?!
So today was our second more detailed ultrasound. It was amazing. Thank God Jared was there to experience it with me. This was internal, just like the first, but the picture is more detailed than the last. We were able to see the babies and the sacks they are living in. And so it began. Very easily we saw two babies, a dark line in between them and two separate sacks. So that means that they share a placenta, and are thus IDENTICAL!
Now I find this to be ironic... seeing how I grew up with nearly 10 sets of twins around me... some more similar than others but none that I know of were actually "Identical". I STILL COULDN'T TELL THE SAME SEX APART! (Yea, I added the same sex in there... since some were boy/girl lol). So now God is giving me the chance to not be dumb anymore. lol...
Continuing... we had two healthy heartbeats, Baby A rang in at 179 beats/min and Baby B rang in at 181 beats/min. (I think this is how it's stated). As we were looking at everything and going through the boring, "ovaries and other stuff is healthy routine" I noticed something moving. Now the babies we're moving at all... that I could tell at least. But their hearts were (duh, there was a heart beat!). But it was amazing to see. I remember one time when I was in high school I had a friend who was born with a "hole in his chest" and you could see his heart beating... it was freaky/creepy/ and amazing at the same time. We just stared mesmerized at the images watching their little hearts beating away! I wish we could have gotten video of it.

So here we are. 8 weeks pregnant and have 8 weeks to go until we see a doctor again (fingers crossed). We are so blessed to have everyone's prayers and good wishes throughout this process. Jared and I never thought we would have twins... a funny thing to think about, but an amazing this to plan for!

Stay tuned as we update this with pictures, sound clips (if allowed), and other stuff relevant to our process of the process!

-Love Momma x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment