Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Double the fun

So on August 10th I took a pregnancy test and it came up... PREGNANT!
And so began... we only told a couple people. But during the week when it began hard to talk to my parents about anything without spilling the beans I decided it was time. I bought Smokey and Ninners (dog & cat) shirts and painted on the "Big Brother" "Big Sister". We took a picture and emailed it to my parents, Jared's parents, and my brother. We got immediate responses and everyone was thrilled (It's now Friday 14th).
So this entire week I felt kinda icky... kinda depressed... and just off. Well the next week we went away to upstate Michigan (Glen Lake) for Jared's cousins wedding. The weather stunk for most of the time, but thankfully we "got away". Unfortunately, the entire time I was experiencing morning/day sickness. I would wake up in the morning... feel like poo... want to puke... eat... then go to sleep. Wake up around 4pm and feel OK. This lasted nearly the entire time we were away 19-26. After that I had on and off ickness feeling.
On the 27th we had our first doctors appointment. At this point I was only 6 1/2 weeks along. Since it took forever Jared had to get back to work (I told him to go). Well the doctor took me in and began the ultrasound/sonogram type thing (apparently this is early). Well it wasn't hard to find the peanut. This peanut had a strong heart beat and was appropriately sized for his/her age... Well... the doctor decided to look around inside there to make sure everything looked okay. LOW-N-BEHOLD what did she find??? Another peanut!!!!
So here I am, alone in the office with the doctor and seeing the biggest surprise of my life, another baby. Now if any of you grew up with me you would know that I have always said I was going to have twins first... well apparently I was right! AHAHAHA. So I took sound and the doctor printed off pictures of the babies... People have told me that they waited 3 months to tell anyone they were pregnant, and others didn't get an ultrasound until 22 weeks.
So next week Tuesday we will be getting another ultrasound to determine the risk level of this pregnancy. We feel blessed and loved from everyone's support that this may just be the best surprise I will ever experience! Stay tuned for more updates as they arise. Jared and I are obviously not good at sharing, so God is blessing us with two!

No comments:

Post a Comment